Campus Programme Delivery Strategy
Report of the Director of Neighbourhoods and Development attached.
That the recommendations in the confidential report be approved.
The Director of Neighbourhoods and Development presented a confidential report that updated Members on progress made towards the implementation of the Leyland Health and Wellbeing Campus, including updated governance and reporting processes.
The report also sought approval for a procurement strategy that would allow early commencement of meaningful work on site. Information was also provided on land identified for the project.
Decision made (Unanimously):
1. That the progress report, updated governance arrangements and revised implementation plan be noted.
2. Approval of the outline procurement strategy.
3. Delegated authority granted to the Deputy Chief Executive (Regeneration and Growth) in consultation with the Cabinet Member (Regeneration and Leisure), Cabinet Member (Public Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Environmental) and Cabinet Member (Corporate Support and Assets) to secure appropriate title to part of the land shown on the attached plan in the report.
4. Approval of quarterly Member briefing sessions to update on the Health and Wellbeing Campus.
Reason(s) for the decision:
1. Development of the Campus is a priority for the Council, the revised strategy sets out an efficient way to implement the Leyland Campus, effectively and economically, securing early delivery of Green infrastructure.
2. The Leyland Campus is the first element in a programme that will promote active and healthy lifestyles across the Borough.
3. The procurement strategy will be based on sound principles of early contractor engagement, designing in efficient construction and logistics together with reducing adverse impacts on adjacent residents and businesses. The principles are set out in the report.
4. In order to open up the woodland area for active leisure to its optimum extent securing sufficient title to part of that land to include it within phase one is an important objective.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
This report takes forward implementation of the decisions taken on 21 June and 12 September 2018.