Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To bring forward the South Ribble Playing
Pitch Hub to be located at Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre
Decision made (unanimously):
1. That Cabinet approves the development of the Playing Pitch Hub project to be located at Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre in line with the budget allocated within the Council’s Capital programme.
2. That Cabinet approves the submission of a Football Foundation bid for the Playing Pitch Hub project in January or April 2021 with the objective of obtaining partnership funding for the project.
3. That Cabinet authorises Officers to carry out an appropriate procurement exercise to seek a suitable Contractor to carry out the work of building the new Playing Pitch Hub.
4. That Officers will bring back to Cabinet the final business plan for the Playing Pitch Hub project along with final costings and site plan of the proposed Playing Pitch Hub pitches.
5. That Cabinet requests that Officers bring back the Sports Playing Pitch Hub project to a further Cabinet to award the construction contract in line with the procurement rules of the Authority.
Report author: Neil Anderson
Publication date: 16/10/2020
Date of decision: 14/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 14/10/2020 - Cabinet