Decision Maker: Cabinet,
Decision status: Information Only
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet Member (Finance, Property and Assets), Councillor Matthew Tomlinson, presented a confidential report of the Director of Planning and Property that provided an update on a urgent decision that had been taken in relation to the Test Track site in Leyland.
Decision made (Unanimously):
1. That Cabinet notes the report.
Reason(s) for the decision:
1. The Council received a formal request from the developer for the Test Track on 6th December 2019 to extend the sale agreement. In the event that a challenge is lodged against the Test Track Planning Decision then the Expiry Date be extended to the date at which time a decision on the Challenge is confirmed.
2. The existing sale agreement was due to expire on 18th December 2019 and in the absence of a Cabinet meeting a decision was taken to refer the matter for consideration as an Urgent decision by the Chief Executive in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance, Property and Assets and the Leader of the Council.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
1. The Council is bound by the terms of its Joint Venture Agreement to act in unison with both parties to jointly agree decisions. The other party was strongly in favour of an extension to the sale agreement and it was not in the Council’s interest to let the agreement fall away.
2. If the Council had refused the extension then there was a risk of being referred to mediation by the other party and a risk of litigation.
Report author: Peter McHugh
Publication date: 24/01/2020
Date of decision: 22/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 22/01/2020 - Cabinet