Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That Cabinet notes the legal position regarding the decision taken at Budget Council on 28 February 2018.
2. That Cabinet proposes to Council that the Council Tax Support Scheme remains unchanged for 2019/2020.
3. That Cabinet proposes to Council that it agrees the level of the deduction to be applied to Working Age recipients of Council Tax Support from 1 April 2019 and that this level be finalised and agreed in accordance with South Ribble’s scheme as part of the Council’s budget and council tax setting at the Council meeting on 27 February 2019. The figure will continue within the range (between £3.00 and £5.00 per week) which was consulted upon during the introduction and implementation of the Council’s scheme.
4. Delegated authority be granted to the Director of Customer and Digital in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance to make all necessary updates to this Council’s Council Tax Support Scheme to comply with any prescribed requirements that may be issued by central government. This may be by the making of specific regulations, or by amendment to the Local Government Finance Acts of 1992, 2012 and 2017 and Government funding formulae.
5. Delegated authority be granted to the Director of Customer and Digital in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance to make all necessary amendments to the Council’s scheme to uprate the allowances and premiums in accordance with the revised Housing Benefit Circular.
6. To publish the updated scheme in accordance with the Local Government Finance Act 2012 and any regulation amendments.
Report author: Tim Povall
Publication date: 24/01/2019
Date of decision: 23/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 23/01/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 01/02/2019